Video Of The Month
Detect language » English




Friday 26 October 2012

Crown The Empire - Limitless




Artist: Crown The Empire
Album: Limitless
Genre: Electronic, Metalcore, Post Hardcore
Released: November, 2011.
Country: United States
Rating: 6.5/10

Review:

To the members of Crown The Empire; if you're reading this let me apologize. Late one night, in a quest to find talented musicians on Youtube, I stumbled across the video for 'Voices' and upon listening became so frustrated by the robotic vocals and single note melodies in the first minute, that I set my laptop ablaze and lost all my remaining faith in humanity. Okay, maybe I exaggerated the last part, however it's safe to say I didn't enjoy it. Nonetheless, curiosity got the better of me; and with incredibly low expectations I listened to 'Limitless' from start to finish. And then I understood; sure 'Limitless' isn't exactly a musical masterpiece and if you extracted a five second sample from any song, you'd assume this was a 'Woe Is Me' knock-off, which isn't something to aspire to. However once you start listening to the complete package, there's noticeable differences that separate this band from the crowd, if only slightly. 'Limitless' features both synths and strings, which it switches between effortlessly, shifting from pounding electro-mosh, such as in 'Wake Me Up', to the theatrical fairground styled hooks and grandiose rock chorus in 'Johnny Ringo'. Sure, we've all heard this style before, but 'Crown The Empire' do it better than most, with enough energy and talent to make it well worth the listen

1. The Glass Elevator (Walls)
2. Breaking Point
3. Wake Me Up
4. Johnny Ringo
5. Voices
6. Limitless
7. Lead Me Out Of The Dark

Download:

0 comments:

Post a Comment